Custer Gallatin National Forest Plan Revision
The 3.1 million acre Custer Gallatin National Forest is revising their forest plan and your voice can make a difference. Home to grizzly bears, elk, bighorn sheep, wolverines, and many other iconic wildlife species, the public lands found on the Custer Gallatin are some of the most cherished parts of Greater Yellowstone. The new forest plan will guide management of these spectacular lands for the next 15-20 years. Now is the time to get involved!
To kick off this important process, join the Greater Yellowstone Coalition and our partners at MAP Brewery (510 Manley Road, Bozeman) on February 9th 5:30-7:30 for a beer and an overview of the forest plan revision.
Starting later this month through March, the Custer Gallatin National Forest will be hosting public meetings to explain the process, describe the information they need from the public, and the timeline to complete the new forest plan.
Meetings are currently scheduled for the follow places and dates:
- Monday, Feb. 22 Broadus – 6:30 – 8, Broadus Community Center
- Tuesday, Feb. 23, Ashland – 3:00 – 4:30 p.m., Tongue River Electric Co.
- Tuesday, Feb. 23, Colstrip – 6:30 or 8:00 p.m., Colstrip Public School Auditorium
- Wednesday, Feb. 24, Ekalaka – 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. , Carter County Fair Building
- Thursday, Feb. 25, Buffalo – 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. – Buffalo Community Center
- Monday, Feb. 29 Big Timber 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. Sweet Grass Co. Annex
- Livingston, Feb. 29 – 6:30 – 8 p.m. Duncan Hagemeyer Conference Rm at new Livingston HealthCare Medical Center
- Columbus, March 1– 3 – 4:30 p.m., Columbus Fire Hall
- Red Lodge, March 1 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Location – Red Lodge Senior Center
- Bozeman, March 2, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m., pending final venue
- Big Sky, March 3, 2:00 – 3:30 p.m., Big Sky Fire Hall or Chapel
- West Yellowstone, March 3- 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., West Yellowstone Chamber of Commerce
- Gardiner, March 7, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., Yellowstone Association
- Cooke City, March 8, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m., Cooke City Chamber of Commerce
- Billings, March 9, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., Billings Fire Station #1, Emergency Operations Center Training Rm (2300 9th North Entrance)
For more details about the forest plan revision visit the Custer Gallatin National Forest planning website. To learn more and get involved, please contact Darcie Warden, GYC’s Montana Conservation Coordinator, at 406-586-1593 firstname.lastname@example.org